Plums belong to the Rosaceae family, including peaches, nectarine, almonds and damson. They are grown all over the world with different size, color and growth characteristic. A plum tree bears berries between May and September.
Health benefits of plums
- They are low in calories (46 calories per 100g)
- They relieve constipation problems
- One medium-sized fresh plum contains 113 mg of potassium, a mineral that helps manage high blood pressure and reduce stroke risk
- Fresh berries are a moderate source of vitamin C which is also a powerful natural antioxidant.
- They are a moderate source of Vitamin A and beta-carotene, essential for maintaining healthy skin
- They contain Vitamin K essential for many clotting factors function in the blood and help reduce Alzheimer’s disease in the elderly
- Each dried plum has one gram of fiber.
- They have a low glycemic index. Helps you control your blood sugar and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
View original post 90 more words